Who we are
Our website address is: http://www.klaarstroomhotel.co.za.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Rooms of Choice We reserve the option of room allocation. Should it be necessary to alter room allocation, for any reason, we shall endeavour to provide one with at least as good as facilities. Cancellations We reserve the right to cancel any booking on any grounds we feel are necessary and will honour no liability by doing so. However, we will make every effort to find alternative accommodation for the guests, but we are not bound to do so.
Premature departure will be charge at the full booking amount.
Cancellation 0 – 14 days before date of arrival, or no-show – guests will forfeits 100% of deposit amount paid.
Cancellation 15 – 30 days before arrival – visitor forfeits 75% of deposit paid Cancellation 30+ days before arrival – visitor forfeits 50% of deposit paid.
On receipt of a written instruction to cancel the reservation, we will refund the applicable amount as determined by the cancellation terms of the establishment, within 5 working days. We will charge a levy of 4.5% administration fee on any refunds processed. Should refunds to a SWIFT bank account be required, an additional R185 charge will be levied.
When settling the deposit amount our cancellation policy is agreed to and accepted by the guest/s.
While we make every effort to describe all aspects of our offer based on the truth and our best ability to describe these, we will not accept any responsibility for misinterpretation of any aspect of our offer. Furthermore, any information provided in oral form by any of the companies owners, employees or agents are solely of informative nature and never form part of a binding agreement between the parties. Klaarstroom Hotel will not accept any responsibility for incorrect information provided unless such information has been provided in writing.
The room rates displayed on this website do not include Breakfast. While we make every effort to cater to diverse fastest, preferences, cultures and religions, Klaarstroom Hotel is not Halaal certified nor kosher and offer only a limited variety of vegan options.
Off-street parking is availabe in front of the hotel. The parking is not enclosed nor guarded at night and Klaarstroom Hotel makes no representation as to its security or safety. We also offer parking in an enclosed area on hotel grounds.
* The premises contain an unsupervised, open pool which may be used at the guests’ own risk between 7am and 7pm. * Children under the age of 12 must be supervised at all times by their parents or legal guardian.
* Children must be under adult supervision at all times, especially in the public facilities, in the garden and around the open pool * The Hotel staff will under no circumstances supervise children.
* Bookings are for holiday purposes only and cannot give rise to a tenancy
* Persons occupying the hotel rooms may not exceed the number of persons indicated upon booking.
* Please leave your room and the hotel reasonable tidy and clean after use.
* Out of respect for all guests, noise must be kept to a comfortable level and we request that there be silence in the hotel between 22h00 (10pm) and 06h00 (6am).
* Room Service and Wake-Up Calls are available on request.
* Please keep furniture, fixtures and fittings in the same state of repair and condition as at the beginning of your stay. In the event of any damage to furniture, fixtures or fittings, you may be held liable for the replacement value or repair costs. This includes damage to the pool area.
*The use of open fires and the burning of any candles or lanterns, in or around the hotel, will not be permitted.
* We operate a non-smoking policy in our rooms. You are welcome to smoke outside, where ashtrays and / or bins are provided.
* Trained Pets on a leash are allowed on the premises.
* We reserve the right to eject a guest/guests from the hotel if they are not conducting themselves in an appropriate and / or acceptable manner to the building and/or other residents or staff.
Domicilium Citandi et Executandi
* This contract is governed by the South African Law and the South African courts shall have jurisdiction in respect of any dispute between you and Klaarstroom Hotel.
*Klaarstroom Hotel chooses its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement as: Main Road, Plaas Klaarstroom, Klaarstroom, 6932
* Domicilium citandi et executandi for the guest(s) will be the physical address provided upon booking. If no address has been provided, domicilium citandi et executandi for the guest(s) will be at the above address.